Working hand in hand with our field partners, sponsors, volunteers and you, 2022 was our MOST SUCCESSFUL year, breaking a record on annual funds raised to date!
More importantly, we reached over 75,000 people via wells, rainwater harvesters, water filters, decent toilets, and education on hygiene & menstrual health. This means that more children can go to school and stay healthy while there. It means that more mothers can care for their families and earn a living. It means that entire communities have a chance at a better future!
The year’s highlights included:
- Expanding our programs with our Indonesian partner YLRA to include community rainwater harvesting systems in villages that have no other water source.
- Strengthening our operations and monitoring systems in Uganda to ensure the longevity of our solutions
- Continuing to make an impact in Haiti in the face of significant political and economic challenges.
- Reuniting with our Ugandan team for the first time in 2 years due to pandemic related travel restrictions
Here’s a look (in numbers) at what we accomplished last year:
- 597 water projects: 18 well fixes, 8 well drills, 6 community rainwater tanks, 1 spring harvesting system, 1 community water filtration system, 563 water filters
- 9 school toilets
- 66 handwashing stations
- 2,186 hygiene trainings
- 247 menstrual health and pad-making trainings
- 176 soap making trainings
- 61 water user committee trainings
Anabo Harriet’s school in Uganda is one of the many communities that had its water source fixed. Harriet shared how the well has impacted her:
“Now, I do not have to go far to collect my water.. I can spend less time at the well and more time in class studying. I now find school more enjoyable and comfortable.”
In 2022 we overcame challenges, and with our field partners we continued to make a difference when and where it mattered the most. As we step into 2023, with women leading the way, we remain committed to building long-term, holistic solutions hand in hand with the communities we serve.
Special thanks to our 2022 partners for making this work possible: BOKA, ERM Foundation, Health Goes Global, International Foundation, International Monetary Foundation, Soapbox